Where is the postscript intrepreter? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Where is the postscript intrepreter? - Solaris ; Hello, Can any Huge-brained, kind hearted soul tell me where the postscript interpreter is on Solaris 10 x86? Since, AFAIK , ghostscript is not installed, nor available for Solaris 10? I am totally stumped. A "man -k postscript" did not ...

  1. Where is the postscript intrepreter?

    Hello,

    Can any Huge-brained, kind hearted soul tell me where the postscript
    interpreter is on Solaris 10 x86? Since, AFAIK, ghostscript is not
    installed, nor available for Solaris 10? I am totally stumped. A "man -k
    postscript" did not yield the postscript interpreter program name. I am
    using the teTeX "mpost" program (metapost) to generate postscript
    figures. I believe the resulting files are encapsulated postscript
    files. ggv indicates that these files are invalid postscript files. I am
    trying to find the postscript interpreter to debug.

    Any help would be Greatly Appreciated,

    John

  2. Re: Where is the postscript intrepreter?

    On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:20:20 -0800, John wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can any Huge-brained, kind hearted soul tell me where the postscript
    > interpreter is on Solaris 10 x86? Since, AFAIK, ghostscript is not
    > installed, nor available for Solaris 10?

    What's wrong with /usr/sfw/bin/gs?

  3. Re: Where is the postscript intrepreter?

    Dave Uhring wrote:
    > On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:20:20 -0800, John wrote:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>Can any Huge-brained, kind hearted soul tell me where the postscript
    >>interpreter is on Solaris 10 x86? Since, AFAIK, ghostscript is not
    >>installed, nor available for Solaris 10?

    > What's wrong with /usr/sfw/bin/gs?

    Thank You.

  4. Re: Where is the postscript intrepreter?

    On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 13:32:10 -0800, John wrote:

    > Dave Uhring wrote:

    >> What's wrong with /usr/sfw/bin/gs?
    >>

    > Thank You.

    BTW, `man -k` will produce a null result until you create the windex
    files. As root set your $MANPATH to something like

    [/]# echo $MANPATH
    /usr/share/man:/usr/dt/share/man:/usr/openwin/share/man:/usr/sfw/man:\
    /opt/sfw/man:/opt/sfw/teTeX/man:/opt/sfw/kde/man:/opt/sfw/netpbm/man

    and then execute 'catman -w'.

+ Reply to Thread