PostgreSQL in Solaris 10u1 (01/06) - Solaris

This is a discussion on PostgreSQL in Solaris 10u1 (01/06) - Solaris ; I had read in the press release and elsewhere that PostgreSQL would be integrated into Solaris 10 by the end of the year. I supposed this might mean Solaris 10u1 (01/06) would have it, but I don't see it anywhere, ...

  1. PostgreSQL in Solaris 10u1 (01/06)

    I had read in the press release and elsewhere that PostgreSQL would be
    integrated into Solaris 10 by the end of the year. I supposed this
    might mean Solaris 10u1 (01/06) would have it, but I don't see it
    anywhere, and I don't see anything else on Sun's site. Anybody got any
    clues?

    http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/postgres.jsp
    http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflas...0051117.1.html

    I know there's a version on sunfreeware.com, but was hoping to just use
    the "official" version.

    Doug

  2. Re: PostgreSQL in Solaris 10u1 (01/06)

    dougid4news@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I had read in the press release and elsewhere that PostgreSQL would be
    > integrated into Solaris 10 by the end of the year. I supposed this
    > might mean Solaris 10u1 (01/06) would have it, but I don't see it
    > anywhere, and I don't see anything else on Sun's site. Anybody got any
    > clues?
    > I know there's a version on sunfreeware.com, but was hoping to just use
    > the "official" version.

    If you go to suns get.jsp download page and read it it states
    "No Cost Downloads Coming Soon"
    See:
    Postgres Open Source Database

  3. Re: PostgreSQL in Solaris 10u1 (01/06)

    gerryt@ wrote:
    > dougid4news@yahoo.com wrote:
    > > I had read in the press release and elsewhere that PostgreSQL would be
    > > integrated into Solaris 10 by the end of the year. I supposed this
    > > might mean Solaris 10u1 (01/06) would have it, but I don't see it
    > > anywhere, and I don't see anything else on Sun's site. Anybody got any
    > > clues?
    > > I know there's a version on sunfreeware.com, but was hoping to just use
    > > the "official" version.

    > If you go to suns get.jsp download page and read it it states
    > "No Cost Downloads Coming Soon"
    > See:
    > Postgres Open Source Database

    Yes, I see that again now, and for postgreSQL it says by the end of
    December, and links right back to that press release. Oh well, I see
    now that a closer reading of the press release says it will be
    integrated in Solaris in the first half of 2006. (I guess they mean
    Solaris Express, since it unlikely there will be another update to the
    actual release version that soon.) No matter, I'll take it as a
    download, but something tells me it isn't going to be available by the
    end of December since today is the 30th ;-)

+ Reply to Thread