Ultra 20 and keyboard layout - Solaris

This is a discussion on Ultra 20 and keyboard layout - Solaris ; Dear Community, I just bought a Sun Ultra 20 and would like to modify the keyboard layout in the command line. The GUI, JavaDesktopEnvironment works fine, but somehow neither eeprom kbd-layout= 26 eeprom kbd-type=26 seems to work. However, for me ...

  1. Ultra 20 and keyboard layout

    Dear Community,

    I just bought a Sun Ultra 20 and would like to modify the keyboard
    layout in the command line.

    The GUI, JavaDesktopEnvironment works fine, but somehow neither

    eeprom kbd-layout= 26

    eeprom kbd-type=26

    seems to work. However, for me the type of the keyboard is 6 (USB Sun
    keyboard) with a German layout.

    Please, has somebody any idea?

    Best regards,

    Ernst

  2. Re: Ultra 20 and keyboard layout

    Ernst Schmidtmann wrote:
    > Dear Community,
    >
    > I just bought a Sun Ultra 20 and would like to modify the keyboard
    > layout in the command line.
    >
    > The GUI, JavaDesktopEnvironment works fine, but somehow neither
    >
    > eeprom kbd-layout= 26
    >
    > eeprom kbd-type=26
    >
    > seems to work. However, for me the type of the keyboard is 6 (USB Sun
    > keyboard) with a German layout.
    >
    > Please, has somebody any idea?
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Ernst

    If You are using Solaris 10 3/05 GA for X86 :

    http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatab...bug_id=6227475

    Patch 118966-12

  3. Re: Ultra 20 and keyboard layout

    Dear tunla,

    I think you misunderstood me, it works fine using the GUI. Xorg is okay
    too.

    The problem is in the command line.

    However, the output of the kbd -l is the same as in the bug report. Do
    you think, that will fix it? (I am not yet connected to the Internet
    with the machine.)

    Thank you very much,

    Ernst

    tunla wrote:
    > Ernst Schmidtmann wrote:
    >
    >>Dear Community,
    >>
    >>I just bought a Sun Ultra 20 and would like to modify the keyboard
    >>layout in the command line.
    >>
    >>The GUI, JavaDesktopEnvironment works fine, but somehow neither
    >>
    >>eeprom kbd-layout= 26
    >>
    >>eeprom kbd-type=26
    >>
    >>seems to work. However, for me the type of the keyboard is 6 (USB Sun
    >>keyboard) with a German layout.
    >>
    >>Please, has somebody any idea?
    >>
    >>Best regards,
    >>
    >>Ernst

    > If You are using Solaris 10 3/05 GA for X86 :
    >

    > http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatab...bug_id=6227475
    >
    > Patch 118966-12

  4. Re: Ultra 20 and keyboard layout

    Ernst Schmidtmann wrote:
    > Dear tunla,
    >
    > I think you misunderstood me, it works fine using the GUI. Xorg is okay
    > too.
    >
    > The problem is in the command line.

    Try:
    # eeprom kbd-type=German
    # svcadm restart system/keymap

    --
    Daniel

  5. Re: Ultra 20 and keyboard layout

    Sorry Daniel,

    was negative, too.

    hmmm... thank you anyway.

    Best regards,

    Ernst

    Daniel Rock wrote:
    > Ernst Schmidtmann wrote:
    >
    >>Dear tunla,
    >>
    >>I think you misunderstood me, it works fine using the GUI. Xorg is okay
    >>too.
    >>
    >>The problem is in the command line.

    > Try:
    > # eeprom kbd-type=German