Xvnc - Solaris

This is a discussion on Xvnc - Solaris ; Hi, everyone: I am trying to run Xvnc on my Solaris10 for x86. When type Xvnc I got Fatal server error: Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running Can any one please tell ...

  1. Xvnc

    Hi, everyone:

    I am trying to run Xvnc on my Solaris10 for x86. When type
    Xvnc

    I got

    Fatal server error:
    Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
    already running

    Can any one please tell me what section of BigAdm sould I read so that I
    can open an X-windows from a MS Vncviewer.

    Thank you for your help.

    Shizoom Wang

  2. Re: Xvnc

    swang wrote:
    > Hi, everyone:
    >
    > I am trying to run Xvnc on my Solaris10 for x86. When type
    > Xvnc
    >
    > I got
    >
    > Fatal server error:
    > Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
    > already running
    >
    > Can any one please tell me what section of BigAdm sould I read so that I
    > can open an X-windows from a MS Vncviewer.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.
    >
    > Shizoom Wang

    try:

    Xvnc :1

  3. Re: Xvnc

    "Jean-Louis Liagre" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > swang wrote:
    >> Hi, everyone:
    >>
    >> I am trying to run Xvnc on my Solaris10 for x86. When type
    >> Xvnc
    >>
    >> I got
    >>
    >> Fatal server error:
    >> Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
    >> already running
    >>
    >> Can any one please tell me what section of BigAdm sould I read so that I
    >> can open an X-windows from a MS Vncviewer.
    >>
    >> Thank you for your help.
    >>
    >> Shizoom Wang

    > try:
    >
    > Xvnc :1

    Hi
    try with the x11vnc server available for download from sunfreeware.com
    it works fine for me and has the advantage of using the main screen instead
    of creating a new one.
    Mike

  4. Re: Xvnc

    Try reading the MANual page for Xvnc --> "use the vncserver(1) wrapper
    script instead."

    > "Jean-Louis Liagre" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> swang wrote:

    >>> I am trying to run Xvnc on my Solaris10 for x86. When type
    >>> Xvnc
    >>>
    >>> I got
    >>>
    >>> Fatal server error:
    >>> Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
    >>> already running

+ Reply to Thread