flags for studio11 for x86 - Solaris

This is a discussion on flags for studio11 for x86 - Solaris ; Hi, everyone: I am trying to use studio11 for x86 to compile MM5( a meteorological model issued by NCAR. It is basically a FORTRAN95 program.) I have problems with the flags: CPPFLAGS = -I. -C -P -DSUN -DBIT32 FCFLAGS = ...

  1. flags for studio11 for x86

    Hi, everyone:

    I am trying to use studio11 for x86 to compile MM5( a meteorological
    model issued by NCAR. It is basically a FORTRAN95 program.) I have
    problems with the flags:

    CPPFLAGS = -I. -C -P -DSUN -DBIT32
    FCFLAGS = -ansi -free -stackvar -M.../util

    Is there anything that I sould modify? I don't quite understand the
    -DSUN option.

    Thank you for your help.

    Regards,
    Shizoom Wang

  2. Re: flags for studio11 for x86

    On 20/12/05 12:50, in article do7knq$276$1@news.nchu.edu.tw, "swang"
    wrote:

    > Hi, everyone:
    >
    > I am trying to use studio11 for x86 to compile MM5( a meteorological
    > model issued by NCAR. It is basically a FORTRAN95 program.) I have
    > problems with the flags:
    >
    > CPPFLAGS = -I. -C -P -DSUN -DBIT32
    > FCFLAGS = -ansi -free -stackvar -M.../util
    >
    > Is there anything that I sould modify? I don't quite understand the
    > -DSUN option.

    You probably need to throw us a bone and say *what* problems you're having
    with the flags!

    The -DSUN option is effectively the same as putting '#define SUN' at the
    start of your source files, so any #ifdef SUN...#endif sections will get
    compiled in.

    Cheers,

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread