SVOSUG - Tues. Dec. 20th - BrandZ - Solaris

This is a discussion on SVOSUG - Tues. Dec. 20th - BrandZ - Solaris ; For the month of December, the Silicon Valley OpenSolaris User Group is pleased to announce the first annual open-potluck. Everyone is welcome, please bring something to share with the community, or just come along to enjoy the meeting. Since a ...

  1. SVOSUG - Tues. Dec. 20th - BrandZ

    For the month of December, the Silicon Valley OpenSolaris User Group is
    pleased to announce the first annual open-potluck. Everyone is welcome,
    please bring something to share with the community, or just come along
    to enjoy the meeting. Since a potluck is very much in the community
    spirit, we thought it would be nice to have an annual potluck during
    Dec. to wrap up the year.

    For the annual event we'll be getting a presentation on BrandZ from
    Nils Nieuwejaar, project lead. Did you know that BrandZ enables Linux
    Binary Applications to run unmodified on Solaris 10? Did you know that
    BrandZ is an extention of the Zone architecture and allows running said
    applications inside of a Zone? Well, of course we didn't expect you to
    know all about BrandZ and why we're having this presentation, please
    join us at the Silicon Valley User Group on Tues. Dec. 20th to find out
    exactly what BrandZ can do for you, and how you can leverage this
    technology to provide robust solutions on Solaris/OpenSolaris.

    If you can, please join the fun and be a part of the first annual
    SVOSUG community potluck, and help wrap up 2005 by sharing something
    with your fellow OpenSolaris community members.

    What: BrandZ
    Where: Sun Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (upstairs)
    When: Tuesday, December 20th, 2005
    Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm (we must be out of the room by 11:00pm)

    What to bring? Anything, really. Bring a dish you made yourself,
    something you got at the store, or something prepared by a restaurant.
    Or even just show up and share the friendship of other OpenSolaris
    community members even if you don't have time or energy to bring
    something. Everyone is welcome, as always!
    Please contact me if you have any question. You can get directions to
    the Sun Santa Clara Campus at the following link:

    http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resource...asj_dirmap.pdf
    (Auditorium is building SCA03)

    Hope to see you there!

  2. Re: SVOSUG - Tues. Dec. 20th - BrandZ

    Just so some of you that have been asking would know.

    1) you do not have to bring anything for the pot luck, just bring
    yourself and be a part of the community.

    2) if you would like to bring something for the community pot luck,
    please feel free to do so, and by all means everyone is welcome to
    enjoy whatever is brought.

    3) If you can get the recipe to us after, maybe we can put together an
    online recipe book. If you can't bring a recipe, or bring something you
    didn't bake, you're more than welcome to join us.

    4) I don't want anyone to feel as if they wouldn't come to this meeting
    if you don't want to participate in the pot-luck, as I have said
    everyone is more than welcome.

    Hope to see you folks tomorrow night, I'll send out a reminder tomorrow
    morning.

    Please join us if you participate in the pot-luck or not. The BrandZ
    team will be there to give you a presentation as well.

    What: BrandZ (run applications in containers and more!;-)
    Where: Sun Santa Clara campus auditorium (upstairs)
    When: Tuesday, Dec 20th
    Time: 7:30pm - 10:00pm
    Map: http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resource...asj_dirmap.pdf

    No RSVP required, just show up! Everyone is welcome!

  3. Re: SVOSUG - Tues. Dec. 20th - BrandZ

    Just a reminder about tonights meeting. Hope to see you there, please
    join us to wrap up this year with the last meeting. Learn about BrandZ
    and if you would like to participate in the pot-luck, please do.

    Everyone is welcome to attend wether you bring something for the
    pot-luck or not, and everyone is welcome to share in on the pot-luck if
    you bring something or not. Let's enjoy the evening and wrap up the
    year, this was a great year for Solaris/OpenSolaris, and the engineers
    who worked their collective tails off deserve some credit for this!

    Thanks Solaris Engineering, you folks kicked @$$ this year!

+ Reply to Thread