Re: Firefox 1.5 for solaris available on mozilla.org - Solaris

This is a discussion on Re: Firefox 1.5 for solaris available on mozilla.org - Solaris ; On 2005-12-01 11:24, Matthias Ernst wrote: > Since we are still using Solaris 9 I would like to get Firefox com- > piled with GTK2. Using the bundeled libraries this seems to be im- > possible so I tried it ...

  1. Re: Firefox 1.5 for solaris available on mozilla.org

    On 2005-12-01 11:24, Matthias Ernst wrote:

    > Since we are still using Solaris 9 I would like to get Firefox com-
    > piled with GTK2. Using the bundeled libraries this seems to be im-
    > possible so I tried it with the blastwave packages for GTK2 but
    > then the compilation works but at startup I get a segmentation
    > fault. Was anybody successfull with such a configuration?

    Either compile with -R /opt/csw/lib or execute with $LD_LIBRARY_PATH set
    to /opt/csw/lib. If you still get a segfault try to build with the build
    script attached. I usually build on S8 but that build works on S9.

    /MOL

    #!/bin/ksh -p
    #
    # Wrapper to build it the way I want
    # set -x

    cat << EOF > .mozconfig
    .. \$topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig

    ac_add_options --disable-auto-deps
    ac_add_options --disable-debug
    ac_add_options --disable-freetype2
    ac_add_options --disable-tests

    ac_add_options --enable-canvas
    ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
    ac_add_options --enable-official-branding
    ac_add_options --enable-optimize=-xO3
    ac_add_options --enable-svg
    ac_add_options --enable-xft

    ac_add_options --with-gtk-prefix=/opt/csw
    ac_add_options --with-glib-prefix=/opt/csw

    ac_add_options --x-includes=/usr/openwin/include
    ac_add_options --x-libraries=/usr/openwin/lib

    EOF

    export CC=cc
    export CPP="cc -E"
    export CXX=CC
    export CFLAGS="-xlibmil"
    export CXXFLAGS="-xlibmil -xlibmopt -features=tmplife -norunpath"
    if [ "`uname -r`" == "5.10" ]; then
    export LDFLAGS='-R'\$\$ORIGIN:\$\$ORIGIN/..' -R/usr/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -R/opt/sfw/lib -R/usr/local/lib'
    else
    export LDFLAGS='-R'\$\$ORIGIN:\$\$ORIGIN/..' -R/opt/csw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -R/opt/sfw/lib -R/usr/local/lib'
    fi
    export PERL="/opt/csw/bin/perl"
    export PERL5="/opt/csw/bin/perl"
    #export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/csw/lib

    gmake -f client.mk build_all
    cd xpinstall/packager
    gmake

  2. Re: Firefox 1.5 for solaris available on mozilla.org

    Mats Larsson writes:

    >On 2005-12-01 11:24, Matthias Ernst wrote:

    >> Since we are still using Solaris 9 I would like to get Firefox com-
    >> piled with GTK2. Using the bundeled libraries this seems to be im-
    >> possible so I tried it with the blastwave packages for GTK2 but
    >> then the compilation works but at startup I get a segmentation
    >> fault. Was anybody successfull with such a configuration?

    >Either compile with -R /opt/csw/lib or execute with $LD_LIBRARY_PATH set
    >to /opt/csw/lib. If you still get a segfault try to build with the build
    >script attached. I usually build on S8 but that build works on S9.

    My build script looks basically the same - some minor differences. Even
    if I set -R /opt/csw/lib at compile time (and ldd confirms the use of
    the correct libraries) I still have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH at run time.
    I am not sure why that is but it works and I don't want to spent time
    investigating this.

    Thanks a lot for posting the build script.

    Regards

    Matthias

    --
    | Matthias Ernst | Phone: +41-1-632-4366 |

+ Reply to Thread