Re: Newbie Solaris User Questions - Solaris

This is a discussion on Re: Newbie Solaris User Questions - Solaris ; Yes, I've already heard about ZFS and am dying to try it. I have heard there is a link for an early version of it. Thanks Jim Pannozzi "Lion-O" wrote in message news:slrndpdmdv.5hh.nosp@linux.intranet.lan... > Your question has already been answered ...

  1. Re: Newbie Solaris User Questions

    "Lion-O" wrote in message
    > Your question has already been answered but I can't help give an extra
    > comment:
    >
    >> The file system this thing uses is the best I've ever seen.

    > Well, if you like UFS I think you might really like the upcoming ZFS,
    > maybe
    > also something to keep an eye open for.
    >
    > --
    > Groetjes, Peter
    >
    > .\\ PGP/GPG key: http://www.catslair.org/pubkey.asc

  2. Re: Newbie Solaris User Questions

    On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Musashi wrote:

    > Yes, I've already heard about ZFS and am dying to try it.
    >
    > I have heard there is a link for an early version of it.

    Just download the latest Community Edition of OpenSolaris from
    www.opensolaris.org. You want Build 27a or later.

    . * * . * .* .
    . * . .*
    President, * . . /\ ( . . *
    Rite Online Inc. . . / .\ . * .
    .*. / * \ . .
    . /* o \ .
    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638 * '''||''' .

  3. Re: Newbie Solaris User Questions

    Aaaaaaaarghhhh!!!
    I ordered the Solaris 10 DVD, it arrived
    and I installed it.

    This time it detected the Ethernet Card fine
    (or I might have followed the setup steps
    more correctly).

    Hopefully there is some way to update to
    the newer build so that I can get it.

    Thanks again
    Solaris Acolyte
    Jim Pannozzi

    "Rich Teer" wrote in message
    news:Pine.SOL.4.64.0512071000310.24033@marrakesh.. .
    > On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Musashi wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, I've already heard about ZFS and am dying to try it.
    >>
    >> I have heard there is a link for an early version of it.

    > Just download the latest Community Edition of OpenSolaris from
    > www.opensolaris.org. You want Build 27a or later.
    >
    > --
    > Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, OpenSolaris CAB member

    > . * . .*
    > President, * . . /\ ( . . *
    > Rite Online Inc. . . / .\ . * .
    > Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638 * '''||''' .