Oracle Solaris Studio is presenting at Oracle Develop next week (Oracle Develop, JavaOneand Oracle Open World run from Sunday, Sept 19 - Thursday, Sept 23).Oracle Solaris Studio has three sessions (short abstracts follow):

Sept20th, 4:00 - 5:00 pm, Multicore Application Programming with OracleSolaris Studio Writing correct and fast parallelapplications is often considered ahard problem. However, it doesn't need to be that way. This sessionwill describe how Oracle Solaris Studio can be used to produceapplications that are both fast and correct. The talk will coverparallelization strategies, implementation details, and commonpitfalls. Presenter: Darryl Gove

Sept21st, 11:30am - 12:30pm, Performance Measurement with Oracle SolarisStudio Performance Tools
In this session, we'll first describethe importance of performance,how tell if there's a problem, and how to triage it. We'll describe theOracle Solaris Studio Performance Tools and show how they simplify thetriaging problem. We'll then present two simple cases of low-handingfruit in applications. Presenter: Marty Itzkowitz

Sept22nd,2:00 pm-3:00 pm Building High-Quality C/C++ Applications
There are many challenges for nativelanguage developers, such asmulticore development, heterogeneous OS development, and compatibility.Oracle Solaris Studio delivers a high-performance C/C++ and Fortrantool chain with parallelizing compilers, code-level and memorydebuggers, performance and thread analysis tools, optimized mathlibraries, and support for the latest parallelizing industry standards.Presenter: Don Kretsch

I am listed as a presenter for the first one, but I doubt I will get todo that. In any case, this gets me (as backup speaker) a chance to seethe rest of OOW and Develop and JavaOne as one conference for the firsttime. It should be quite an experience!

So, folks, if you're in that neck of the woods, do drop by to hear ourspeakers.

Read More about [Studio sessions at Oracle Open World / Develop 2010...