I have worked at Sun, and now Oracle, for longer than I really want to admit, but I have reached a point in my career where I feel that I need to try something new. Today, September 13th, 2010, is my last day at Oracle. For the past 5 years I've worked on zones. The zones team is such an outstanding group of engineers and I'm going to miss working with them. I've learned a lot from them, as well as all of the other engineers at Sun that I have been privileged to work with over the years.

Now, I'm moving on to something new. Tomorrow I start work at Joyent. Hopefully I'll have a chance to blog more than I've done recently. My blog is moving to dtrace.org. I'll continue to work on zones, and Solaris in general, at Joyent, and I'm excited about the new new challenges ahead. There are obviously a lot of changes going on with Solaris right now, so its going to interesting. And fun!

Read More about [An End and a Beginning...