On Sept. 3, 2010, we announced the release of JAXP 1.4.4. The release has included some important fixes and performance improvements. Among them, regressions from JDK6 update 18 which were a result of a complete synchronization between JAXP and JDK 6 update release 18. Please refer to the change log for more details.

Questions about Xerces and Xalan in JAXP have been asked many times. It is true that the current JDKs were based upon Xerces 2.7.1 and Xalan 2.7. Users have requested and we are responding to the requests by starting a sync between Xerces/Xalan and JAXP/JDK and updating JAXP and JDK7 to the current versions of Xerces and Xalan. Due to limited resources, this process will take serveral months to finish. However, before the release of JDK7, it will be largely done. The JAXP 1.4.4 release is a start in which we integrated all of the blockers and critical fixes plus some dependent changes. In the next couple of releases, we will continue merging other changes.

Read More about [JAXP 1.4.4 released...