Solaris 10 9/10 (Update 9) has been released. See here for information and here for the download (remember to accept the license agreement at the top). There's also a podcast and a dedicated Solaris blog.

A number of technical articles have been released, including George Wilson's video overview of ZFS enhancements in Solaris 10 9/10.

As with all Solaris Updates, Solaris 10 9/10 contains all available bug fixes which were available at the time that its contents were finalized, pre-applied into the Solaris Update image.

It also contains a significant number of feature enhancements as described in the above links.

The corresponding Solaris Update Patch Bundle is currently in test and I expect that it should be released in a similar timeframe to previous Updates. See http://blogs.sun.com/patch/entry/solaris_10_10_08_patch for information on Solaris Update Patch Bundles.

All standard patches in Update 9 have already been released to SunSolve and My Oracle Support (MOS). I've updated the Solaris 10 Kernel PatchID Sequence entry below with the Kernel PatchIDs for Solaris 10 9/10 (Update 9).

As with previous Updates, there are a small number of "special" or "script" patches whose sole purpose is to correct issues in the pre-application of patches to the Solaris Update release image. Since these patches have no purpose whatsoever outside of the Solaris Update build process, they are not released to SunSolve/MOS. Newer "special" patches have PatchIDs of the format 800xxx to make them easily identifiable, but old "special"/"script" patches are identifable by the words "SPECIAL PATCH" and/or "script patch" in the patch synopsis. See the SPARC and x86 patch lists. (The link to the x86 list is currently broken, so I'll add it once it's fixed.)

Please note it is incorrect to refer to Kernel Patch 142909-17 (SPARC) / 142910-17 (x86) as the "Update 9 Kernel patch". It is the latest Kernel Patch included in Update 9, but this Kernel patch can equally be applied to all previous Solaris 10 releases. Solaris Updates are built from patches (and a few new packages), patches are not built from Solaris Updates.

Read More about [Solaris 10 9/10 (Update 9) released...