It's hard to believe that Oracle OpenWorld is almost here. This will be my first year attending as an Oracle employee -- last year I was still Sun. Preparations are in full swing, and we'll be doing a lot. The Enterprise Manager team has literally dozens of sessions and demo pods, but I wanted to call your attention to some of the things we'll be doing for Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center and Oracle Grid Engine.

First for Grid Engine, now formally called Oracle Grid Engine, we have the following activities:

S316977: Scalable Enterprise Data Processing for the Cloud with Oracle Grid Engine
Dan Templeton (Oracle), Tom White (Cloudera)
Thursday 23-Sep-10 12:00-13:00 Moscone South Rm 310

S317230: Who's Using Your Grid? What's on Your Grid? How to Get More
Dan Templeton, Dave Teszler, Zeynep Koch
Tuesday 21-Sep-10 17:00-18:00 Moscone South Rm 305

Also, if you're a developer attending JavaOne you can get hands on with Grid Engine in the following labs

S314413: Extracting Real Value from Your Data with Apache Hadoop
Dan Templeton (Oracle), Aaron Kimball (Cloudera), Michal Bachorik (Oracle)
Wednesday 22-Sep-10 12:30-14:30 Hilton San Francisco Plaza B

S314233: Scale Your Java Service into the Cloud
Dan Templeton, Michal Bachorik
Time and date are still To Be Announced on this session (watch this space)

Now, if you're interested in Ops Center, we have lots going on too.

First, we have two "pods" in the demo grounds area where we'll be showing Ops Center. These are both in the "west" part of Moscone center and you'll be able to talk live with engineers from the team there and get your questions answered in detail.

  • Booth W-107 Enterprise Manager Ops Center
  • Booth W-094 Hardware, Software...Managed
Also, we have a bunch of sessions you can attend where we'll be covering Ops Center. Here are some good ones:

S316976 : Mission Accomplished: Virtualization powered by Oracle Enterprise Manager
Sudip Datta and others
Monday, September 20, 2010 5:00pm Moscone South/Rm 305

S316975 : Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center for OS and Hardware Management
Steve Wilson, Mike Barrett
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:00pm Moscone South/Rm 270

S317552: Managing Sun SPARC Servers with Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center
Gary Combs, Mike Barrett
Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:30AM Moscone South/Rm 252

Also, we have one hands on lab where you'll be able to actually walk through using some of the main Ops Center features with a live instructor.

S318957 The Future of Datacenter Management: A View of an "Apps to Disk" Solution
Steve Stelting, Mike Barrett
Monday, September 20, 2010 2:00pm Marriott Marquis/Nob Hll AB

Now, the most exciting part of Oracle OpenWorld is that we'll be showing the new, forthcoming version of Ops center for the first time. See below for a sneak peek (click on image to enlarge).

I'm looking forward to seeing you at Oracle OpenWorld!

Read More about [Here Comes Oracle OpenWorld!...