Question:

For the "avg2-xxxx" that vdbench puts out at the end of the test run, I was wondering if there was anyway to tune vdbench to use a different starting interval for the average, something other than 2? I've been running tests and we have some cases where it actually takes a while for the IO to reach a stable state. "

Answer:

There is an elapsed= and an interval= parameter, and Vdbench502 also has a warmup= parameter.
Normally only the first interval is ignored, but with warmup= the first 'warmup= / interval=' intervals are ignored.
Do realize though that the total elapsed time is increased by the warmup time.
Example, elapsed=60,warmup=10,interval=1
will run for 70 seconds, with only the last 60 seconds included in the avg_11-70 totals.

Read More about [Vdbench warmup= parameter and run 'avg' numbers...