August is normally a slow month in (most of) the northern hemisphere, but this year it is proving to be anything but that for the GlassFish team. Some events were atypical but planned for (JavaOne 2010 not being in July, the big merge, the target schedules for GlassFish 3.1), while some others were unexpected. Sometimes it has felt like we are going between Charybdis and Scylla and we could use some help...

Despite all these distractions, the releases continue for the GlassFish 2 and GlassFish 3 families.

On the GlassFish v2 family, we continue to deliver patch releases for our commercial customers. The latest one is Patch 7 for GlassFish 2.1.1; as with previous patches, it is also Patch 13 for GlassFish 2.1 and Patch 19 for SJS AS 9.1 U2 (GF v2 U2). The patch addresses 51 new defects; cumulative, 190 bug fixes since GlassFish 2.1.1.

The companion blog GlassFish For Business, records all Oracle (previously Sun) releases. In particular, check out the overview for the GlassFish v2 family, and look for details on GlassFish 2.1.1 patch 7.

The ultimate source for the patches is SunSolve; and the entry at GFB has links into there. Note that patches are now also available at MyOracle Support.

On the GlassFish 3 family, Milestone 4 has been completed and is very close to being promoted. The next release after that is Milestone 5, which is the JavaOne special... and, talking about that one, if you come to JavaOne, don't forget about our Community Event and Party, on Sun, Sept 19th, just before J1 starts.

Read More about [Staying the Course - GlassFish v2.1.1 p7 now, GlassFish 3.1 M4 soon...