This is a discussion on Oracle Delivers Industry?s Most Complete and Integrated Desktop-to-Datacenter Virtual - Solaris Rss ; Company Outlines Benefits of Virtualization Integrated from Applications to Disk Source: http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/167252 Redwood Shores, Calif. ? August 19, 2010 News Facts Today at an online event , Oracle?s Edward Screven, Chief Corporate Architect, and John Fowler, Executive Vice President, Systems, ...
Company Outlines Benefits of Virtualization Integrated from Applications to Disk
Redwood Shores, Calif. ? August 19, 2010
Oracle Virtualization ? Helping Transform Datacenters into Service Providers
- Today at an online event, Oracle?s Edward Screven, Chief Corporate Architect, and John Fowler, Executive Vice President, Systems, outlined Oracle?s virtualization strategy and why Oracle Virtualization delivers more value than VMware.
- The event highlights how Oracle Virtualization, the most complete and integrated virtualization solutions portfolio, enables customers to go beyond simple server consolidation to virtualize and manage their full hardware and software stack, from desktop-to-datacenter.
- Oracle offers unmatched breadth in server virtualization options, including Oracle VM Server for x86, Oracle VM Server for SPARC, Oracle Solaris Containers and Dynamic Domains.
- Oracle continues to enhance its virtualization products on all fronts including four recently announced new desktop virtualization offerings: Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.2, Oracle Sun Ray Software 5, Oracle VM Virtual Box 3.2 and Sun Ray 3 Plus Client.
- In addition, the recent release of Oracle WebLogic Suite Virtualization Option and Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder, both running on Oracle VM, allows customers to dramatically speed up and simplify application deployment?including in cloud computing environments.
- Oracle?s application aware virtualization goes beyond VMware?s hypervisor-only approach by providing virtualization technologies, the applications that run within, and integrated management?addressing the entire stack from applications to disk.
By providing the industry?s most complete virtualization, with integrated management and support, Oracle helps customers quickly and efficiently deploy and manage complete application stacks. Oracle Virtualization includes:
Oracle Server Virtualization: Designed for efficiency and optimized for performance, Oracle Server Virtualization technologies enable improved consolidation ratios, cost savings and application performance.
Oracle Desktop Virtualization: Oracle?s comprehensive desktop virtualization solutions, from secure thin client devices to highly optimized virtual desktop infrastructure software, offer ease of administration, high security and enhanced user access.
- Oracle VM Server for x86
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC
- Oracle Solaris Containers
- Oracle VM Templates
- Dynamic Domains
Oracle Storage and Middleware Virtualization: Integrated solutions such as Oracle?s storage virtualization and middleware virtualization technologies help organizations gain performance, flexibility, and better utilize existing infrastructure to reduce space, power, and cooling requirements.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Oracle?s Sun Ray Clients
- Oracle Sun Ray Software
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop
- Oracle VM VirtualBox
Oracle Virtualization Management: The cost and effort of managing, monitoring and provisioning virtual environments can be expensive and taxing on IT departments. Oracle Enterprise Manager provides the most comprehensive and integrated solution for managing applications and infrastructure across physical and virtual environments, including multi-architecture support for both x86 and SPARC.
- Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management
- Oracle VM Storage Connect
- Sun Unified Storage
- Middleware Virtualization
"Unlike other vendors who provide virtualization solutions focused solely on the infrastructure layer and consolidation, Oracle Virtualization focuses on making applications easier to deploy, manage, and support ? from the desktop to the datacenter,? said, Edward Screven, Oracle Chief Corporate Architect. ?By taking a holistic approach that addresses all layers of the enterprise datacenter, Oracle Virtualization can help companies transform into effective service providers that support business priorities, increase performance and reliability, and reduce costs and inefficiencies.?
Register for the online event now, sessions begin at 9:00am PDT. On demand versions will also be available.
- Oracle Virtualization
- Oracle Virtualization Blog
- Oracle Virtualization on Twitter
- Oracle Virtualization Newsletter
- Oracle Magazine Article: The Virtual Enterprise
Read More about [Oracle Delivers Industry?s Most Complete and Integrated Desktop-to-Datacenter Virtualization Portfolio ...