Several years ago Sun began a project to update and consolidate the business intelligence tools used at Sun and we decided on Hyperion as we had a variety of Hyperion tools already: Brio, Essbase. This was a few years before the Oracle acquisition of Hyperion and we wanted to run on Solaris.

This meant we were one of the first customers to run the Hyperion suite on Solaris and I frequently had conversations with other Hyperion experts similar to the title of this post and was also told that essbase was designed on windows and would therefore run best on windows.

Read More about [essbase on solaris ? are you mad?...