Hi guys,

Most of you don't know, but today is the 3rd birthday of wikis.sun.com. In 2007 a bunch of us decided that it was worth it to boldly go where no man has gone before and on August 3, 2007 we launched wikis.sun.com.

At that time very few corporations were actively using some kind of wiki internally and there was no known significant public wiki deployment run by a corporation. We were astonished to see the uptake and user interest and watched the project grow from a few power users and a few dozens of wiki pages to tens of thousands of users and tens of thousands of wiki pages.

Thank you all for contributing, providing feedback and helping us to make the project successful.

Despite being a small team (did you know that officially there wasn't a single person working on wikis full-time?), we managed to get a lot done and I'm very proud of our accomplishments.

I do believe that there is still room for improvements, but I made a decision that these improvements will have to be implemented by someone else. I have found a new challenge that I'm going to pursue and unfortunately it's time for me to hand the wikis project over to a new group that will oversee the operations and development of the site. I did my best to make this transition as smooth as possible and I'm hopeful that the site will be in good hands.

Just by chance my last day at Oracle coincides with wikis' 3rd birth day, I'll take that as a good sign. I wish you all the best and I hope to see you around. Internet is a small place.

Good luck to you all.

Cheers,
Igor

PS: If you want to stay in touch, you can find me at linkedin at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/igorminar

Read More about [Thanks for All the Fish...