Vdbench aborts after displaying this message on localhost-0.stdout.htm:

Vdbench JNI abort: generate lfsr_data(): String passed must be 8 bytes long: sd3456789

It's clear that I never test with long SD names, it's usually sd1,sd2, etc.
503 introduced a dependency to an SD name not being longer than 8 characters. The SD name is used as input to the Logical Feedback Shift Register (LFSR) logic used to create the default data pattern. Until I fix this, just keep the SD name no longer than 8 characters (it may be shorter than 8).

Henk.

Read More about [Abort in Vdbench503 due to long SD name....