We are working on a feature to allow developers to customize the JNLP document which GlassFish generates for launching an app client. We have had specific requests to allow users to change the icon and splash screen images and the title used for the download progress box. (GlassFish has allowed those customizations in a bit of awkward way a while ago (the element inside the element in sun-application-client.xml; see this earlier posting).

I wrote up a proposal, hoping to get comments from our users who have used the Java Web Start feature (and I know you are out there!). But we got no responses. So I'm trying again.

If you are in the target audience, please go to this GlassFish users forum posting, read it and think about, and respond with your comments there.

Read More about [Calling all users of Java Web Start support for app clients in GlassFish...