There's an old Java ME proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold. Android is about to find out that it is very cold in the mobile OEM space... (URL sent to me from Eric A.)
See:
The Wrath of OEMs
Here's a quote: Google believes proprietary overlays are variable in quality and often slow down the device. It cannot, in the open source world, ban these UIs as Apple can, but it aims to make them "as pointless as possible"... Google may, once again, be overestimating its own power, and the need for its key partners to differentiate themselves. Hey, let Android find out that hard way what we've know in Java ME technology for eons. Don't mess with your OEMs. Ooooo, they gonna get you, Android. Just you wait... ;-)
Hinkmond

Read More about [Android OEM revenge is a dish that is best served cold......