A few days, a reader hinted me to a really interesting website. It's the "Taking the pith out of performance" blog published by Neil J. Gunther. In my opinion it's one of the hidden gems of the Internet, as this author is able to explain thing that even mere mortals can understand the stuff, for example Queueing Theory and stuff like this.

After reading through his blog i found out, that the guy wrote some interesting books. One of it is "Guerrilla Capacity Planning: A Tactical Approach to Planning for Highly Scalable Applications and Services". You will find a lot of interesting stuff it it: Like an explanation of Amdahls Law (and a different way to get to the same equation, explaining some interesting points about it) and more important an universal model to predict scalability of your system. Further more the "virtual load test" based on on a idea named as "Universal law of computational scaling" by Mr. Gunter is an interesting concept. I highly recommend this book.

Read More about [Recommended reading: "Guerrilla Capacity planing" by Neil J. Gunther...