I used this tutorial to create a simple 1:n model in EMF:

I exported the model to a JAR file, which had manifest entries indicating I now had an OSGi bundle. I could simply use that JAR as a JAR in my NetBeans Platform application. However, I'd like an OSGi container to manage my bundle, i.e., make sure that the dependencies set in the manifest are satisfied.
Therefore, I created a NetBeans Platform application on top of Equinox, thanks to the sample application in NetBeans IDE 6.9, and then imported the bundle I had created above:

Notice that, above, you can see a warning message, indicating already at development time that I have dependency problems which will result in problems at runtime.
I spent some time trying to figure out which of the many OSGi/EMF/whatever bundles I'd need for this scenario, then gave up for the moment. (Anyone with an idea as to how to identify all the bundles I'll need, is welcome to tell me.)
However, it's possible to continue the development of the application, in the meantime, since I can set a dependency in my NetBeans modules on the OSGi bundle I imported:

Once I have the OSGi/EMF environment correctly set up, I'll learn from this and this article, and especially the sample by Gunnar (https://nb-emf.dev.java.net), about how to continue developing (and making maximum use) of EMF on the NetBeans Platform.

Read More about [Fun with EMF...