Hi all, today we will have a look at the latest improvements that can be found in NetBeans PHP Frameworks area. We believe that the most important feature is that code completion in view (or template) files now offers variables from controller (or action) files - this works for both, Symfony and Zend Frameworks. So, let's have for example this controller:

One can see that we pass a pager variable to our view template so now, we can see it in code completion in view file:

Please notice that the $pager variable is not only listed in code completion items but that NetBeans also knows its type and the file where it is defined. That means that Go To Declaration (CTRL + click) works as well and of course, we can find all the public methods and fields in code completion for the $pager variable itself:

Other minor improvements can be found in navigating and running framework commands - now, one can use just one shortcut for navigating from action to view and vice versa and NetBeans automatically calls the correct framework support. The same applies for running framework commands - no need to specify two shortcuts, one for Symfony and one for Zend. These shortcuts can be changed in Tools > Options > Keymap (the default for Run Framework Command is ALT + SHIFT + R).

That's all for today, as always, please test it and report all the issues or enhancements you find in NetBeans Bugzilla (component php, subcomponent Symfony or Zend). Please notice that if you write a comment here but do not report a bug or enhancement, nothing will probably happen ;)

Read More about [Framework support improvements...