A lot of progress on GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1. If everything goes according toplan,by the end of the year we will have a release that has all the benefits of 3.0 and of 2.1.1. From 3.0 it remains modular, embeddable and with JavaEE 6 and OSGi support. From 2.1 it adds clustering and HA. It will be continue to be Open Source and will interoperate with key Oracle middleware components.

The development of 3.1 is documented at our GlassFish Wiki; key links include thePlan for 3.1,the Feature List,Engineering Scheduleand theFunctional Specs.Chris Kasso has started weekly engineering meetings.

Each main feature has an overview page describing it; over the next few weeks I will do a series of spotlights on these features.It can be the best thing since Sliced Bread :)

Read More about [Towards GlassFish 3.1 - Best Thing since Sliced Bread...