In addition to performance, two of the other areas where we delivered significant improvements with JavaFX 1.3 included UI controls and CSS support. In fact, some of the great improvements we saw in performance derived from the significantly improved CSS support within UI controls that was included in this release.

To help you better leverage the new UI controls in JavaFX 1.3 and to take advantage of CSS skinning to customize and stylize your content, the JavaFX team has put together an excellent guide entitled, "Using JavaFX UI Controls" that promises to answer all of your burning questions including how to add effects and animation to your controls, understanding layout, using CSS stylesheets, and also gives you a comprehensive guide to using controls with JavaFX including new controls such as Tooltips & password box as well as existing controls such as text-box, radio buttons and more. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Read More about [Controls, Controls, and More Controls...