Here is my cookbook for installing Oracle 11g on an OpenSolaris zone.*This has been tested on OpenSolaris build 134, with Oracle

Create a zone with ( zonemgr or zonadm)
You probably need a machine with at least 2G of RAM

Log in to the zone and run this script (or cut n paste)

#!/bin/sh# add extra packages needed for Oracle installpkg install system/install/localepkg install system/localepkg install system/locale/en_uspkg install javapkg install library/motifpkg install developer/build/makepkg install developer/object-file# Add oracle user / groupsgroupadd dbagroupadd dbamkdir -p /export/home/oracleuseradd -G dba -m -d /export/home/oracle -s /usr/bin/bash oracle# Set params for shared memory# Note - I use dbca to create the database instance and I set the shared memory to < 1G # If you let the installer create a DB instance you need at least 2G of shared memory projadd -U oracle -K "project.max-shm-memory=(priv,1g,deny)" projmod -sK "project.max-sem-nsems=(priv,256,deny)" projmod -sK "project.max-sem-ids=(priv,100,deny)" projmod -sK "project.max-shm-ids=(priv,100,deny)" # Create oracle profile cat >>/export/home/oracle/.bash_profile <ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracleORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/software/102ORACLE_SID=orclLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/libPATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/binexport ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATHEOF# Create install dirmkdir -p /opt/oraclechown -R oracle /opt/oraclechown -R oracle /export/home/oracleWhen you are done login as oracle, cd to the installer path and run:

I suggest you defer creating the database at this time.

When the installer is done, run dbca (as user oracle) to set up a DB instance. Edit the shared memory to set it below 1G

After dbca completes em (Enterprise Manager) should be running:

Open your browser to https://yourzone:1158/em

Login as
SYSTEM – Use the password you gave at install time

Reference: -
(I found the linking of the amd crypto lib was not required. This may have been fixed)

Read More about [Installing Oracle 11g on an OpenSolaris zone...