There are some things that I really like on open sourced NetBeans. The project is quite open - in meaning it shares informations with public. We are approaching Beta release. All the Go / NoGo decisions from Quality Assurance department are public an online. As we are testig the final bits of NetBeans 6.9 BETA we provide our results into table at http://wiki.netbeans.org/NB69BetaGoNoGo. From the history you could find that there were a few re-spins of the Beta. Testing, fixes, re-built, and again...

Right now there is one NoGo for the Beta however the problem seems to be on kenai side therefore we aren't able to do anything with this bug. We should expect the Beta soon when all the infrastructure, upload etc. problems will be solved.

I almost forget to remind you that there will be JavaFX plugins available in this Beta and the latest JavaFX Composer will be part of the build as well. Look for the JavaFX or All distributions.

Read More about [Go, Go dances with NetBeans 6.9 Beta...