Three major mobile browser developers, Firefox, Bolt, and NetFront say "Nein, Non, No, Nuh-uh, Fuggetaboutit" to iPhone and say "Yes, Yes, YES!" to Java ME technology.
See:
Just say NO to iPhone
Here's a quote: for the moment are steadfastly focused on perfecting the mobile Internet experience on J2ME, BREW ... and BlackBerry devices.As should be. Good choice guys. You know to stay away from the iDrone and stick with a winner (Java ME technology). We'll let you put Flash on our phones if you want. No prob.
Hinkmond

Read More about [Firefox, Bolt and NetFront all say "No!" to iPhone, stick with Java ME...