As usual will start off with Wikipedia - OAuth (Open Authorization) - is an open standard that allows users to share their private resources (e.g. photos, videos, contact lists) stored on one site with another site without having to hand out their username and password. With more and more services moving to OAuth model, I think we need to try to have a generic implementation. Here is an attempt...

I prefer not to duplicate all those details available in various resources, so suggest to read few articles if you are not familiar with concepts of OAuth. Yahoo has a very detailed article outlining the flow of OAuth authorization or Beginner's Guide to OAuth from Hueniverse. Please refer to same for more info..

You can try out yourself with demo below. You need to get consumer-key and consumer-secret from respective service providers - Twitter, LinkedIn or Yahoo