I found a bunch of movies on YouTube by the NetBeans User Group Serbia (NUGS), taken during the time Toni and I gave a training recently at the University of Belgrade. Here's a nice one showing a small part of Toni's explanation on FileObject vs DataObject vs Node:

Now read Porting Neuroph to NetBeans Platform, which announces the recent official NUGS plans to move their Neuroph neural network editor to the NetBeans Platform, as well as Neuroph on Hadoop: Massive Parallel Neural Network System?, which reveals a convergence of NetBeans Platform applications in the context of a proposed Google Summer of Code project.

Read More about [FileObject, DataObject, Node in Serbia...