One of the greatest things for the JavaFX team here at Oracle is to watch what our customers and the JavaFX community are doing with this product we've created. The Java ecosystem has been a great example of this... it got its start at Sun but has grown into a massive ecosystem with 9 million developers. That's got to be one of the biggest development communities on the planet and many of these people make their livelihood with Java. Its really quite amazing when you think about it. With JavaFX we're enabling this massive community to more easily build rich, immersive experiences across just about any device - while leveraging the knowledge and experience they already have with Java. Many companies lack the necessary in-house expertise to build and/or support client-side applications written using products from our competitors, which adds risk and/or extra cost to their projects. With JavaFX, companies maintain more control over their projects because Java knowledgeable in-house developers can now build and/or support modern, advanced, and compelling client applications.

Now to the point of this particular entry. One of the biggest advocates for JavaFX out in the community is Stephen Chin whose upcoming JavaFX Silicon Valley Meetup we wrote about earlier this week. Well, Steve just announced the release of JFXtras 0.6 which he describes as " the largest 3rd party library of JavaFX add-ons." He also mentions that this release "represents the work of several dozen contributors over the past 6 months." The project includes features like wipes, shapes, advanced layouts, borders and much much more. Check out Steve's blog entry for more details, download a copy and let him know what you think!

Read More about [From the Community: JFXtras 0.6 Final Released...