No OpenSolaris T-shirts left. OpenSolaris 2008.11 installation booklets: gone! Booklets about Operating Systems... none left as well. OpenSolaris 2008.11 DVD's: a very hot item at the MySQL/OpenSolaris desk This year people's interest went out to especially the 2008.11 release of OpenSolaris. There was much interest in it's features like DTrace and ZFS and about the availability of OpenSolaris on SPARC. Computer systems brought to the desk were installed with OpenSolaris 2008.11. One of which who would act as a 2008.11 Jumpstart Server for a SPARC box. Without a doubt another successful year for OpenSolaris!

I hereby would like to thank (again) everybody involved for making FOSDEM 2009 possible. I would like to take this opportunity to especially thank Lenz Grimmer and the folks from MySQL for making it possible to share the desk and evangelize OpenSolaris. Kristian Vlaardingerbroek for heading the OpenSolaris booth, evangelizing OpenSolaris, evangelizing the Dutch OpenSolaris User Group (NLOSUG) and for sharing the OpenSolaris message in an interview with Jack Adams:

Jack Adams also interviewed Walter of the MySQL community:

Kristian, Walter: we are proud of you!

Thanks to our multi-lingual staff for talking to visitors in their native language. Stefan, Matthias, Amanda, Thierry & Matt.... THANKS!

Thanks to Matthias, Stefan & Amanda who were evangelizing Sun technology though Lightning talks and talks in the FOSDEM Dev Rooms. Thanks to all the people providing Sun SWAG!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! ....and we hope to see you all next year!

Read More about [FOSDEM 2009: 5,000 geeks, Sun Microsystems... Success!...