Seekingalpha published an transcript of the Oracle Earnings Call for the results of the third quarter of the fiscal year 2010. The document provides some interesting insights. I want to highlight two comments made by Larry Ellision:
I thought I would review our strategy in two markets where we are not currently the market leader. The first market is high end servers where IBM is our primary competitor and the other is business applications where SAP is our primary competitor.
and
Let me add just a little bit to that. We didnít add much value selling Hitachi systems and we added no value making them money. So Hitachi is a fine product and Hitachi should sell it. Anyone who wants to sell it should sell it. Not us. We donít make any money selling that. What do we make money selling? Our own storage. We have the NFS supplies ultimately the Sun 7000. We have our own storage server.
More...