Just to answer the questions about the future of OpenSolaris that reached my inbox yesterday, i want to quote an article in eWeek - "Oracle Explains Unclear Message About OpenSolaris"
Oracle Vice President of Corporate Communications Letty Ledbetter told eWEEK via e-mail that people who might have been alarmed initially should just "Keep it movin', folks ... nothing to see here. The page is a policy page to describe how the service life of the product works. [We're] not announcing EOL [for OpenSolaris]."
and
Ledbetter said that "one of the folks who originally tweeted apparently misread and saw EOL vs. 'End of Service ... status.' They've also posted the following update: 'Just to make it absolutely clear—Oracle has NOT announced the EOL of OpenSolaris.' "

More...