This Thursday (February 25th, 13:00 UTC - way earlier than usual!), Darren Cassar will present Securich - Security Plugin for MySQL. According to Darren, the author of the plugin, Securich is an incredibly handy and versatile tool for managing user privileges on MySQL through the use of roles. It basically makes granting and revoking rights a piece of cake, not to mention added security it provides through password expiry and password history, the customization level it permits, the fact that it runs on any MySQL 5.0 or later and it's easily deployable on any official MySQL binary, platform independent.
More information here: http://www.securich.com/about.html.

For MySQL University sessions, point your browser to this page. You need a browser with a working Flash plugin. You may register for a Dimdim account, but you don't have to. (Dimdim is the conferencing system we're using for MySQL University sessions. It provides integrated voice streaming, chat, whiteboard, session recording, and more.)

MySQL University is a free educational online program for engineers/developers. MySQL University sessions are open to anyone. All sessions (slides & audio) are recorded; the links will be on the respective MySQL University session pages which are listed on the MySQL University home page.

Here's the tentative list of upcoming sessions:

  • March 4: MySQL Column Databases (Robin Schumacher)
  • March 11: Improving MySQL Full-Text Search (Kristofer Pettersson)
By the way, did I mention that we need more speakers to fill up the 2010 schedule? If you'd like to be a speaker, have a look at this blog article!

More...