Another milestone of the JavaFX Composer was released just a few hours ago. Get it from the NetBeans Update Center. It works with NetBeans 6.8 Patch1 (do not try it with development build or milestone1 of NB 6.9, please). I'll summarize new features briefly because the wiki pages about the new features is very descriptive and updated.

New and noteworthy:
  • Shapes - you can now add the shapes into your design. Most of the JavaFX 1.2.3 are available (what's missing?). Anyway, don't miss the CTRL+move feature.
  • Animation on States - specify default "interpolar" and "duration" for all animations in a state. It's very easy - look at the tutorial
  • Data Support improved - read AND write. XML, JSON, JDBC, GET or POST. You should try it. Look at demos...
  • JavaFX Effects - with all effects available in JavaFX 1.2.3 SDK, no comment.
  • Colors - now in palette. And in customizer.
  • Templates - the "Exclusively Visible" template has new options. Find out which
  • Charts - experimental for now. However they work. It's a bit complicated for first time however you'll get used to it - look at the tutorial. IMO, we have to create a demo for next Milestone.
  • Samples - a few new ones and improved old ones. Check them online Google Image Search, Twitter Client, Magic Label II

More...