We have got few bug reports about not starting emulator. After some research we would like to summarize possible causes.

1. Freshly installed windows doesn't have msvcrtXX.dlls

Got to folder runtimes\cdc-hi\bin and copy Microsoft.VC80.CRT into runtimes\cldc-hi-javafx\bin. This problem will be fixed over autoupdate soon.

2. Problem with localhost

Please edit \toolkit-lib\modules\bootstrap\conf\system.properties and change
device-manager.object-registry.host=localhost to: device-manager.object-registry.host=127.0.0.1

3. Port 1299 might be taken

Please edit \toolkit-lib\modules\bootstrap\conf\system.properties and change
device-manager.object-registry.port=1299 to: device-manager.object-registry.port=1999

4. XP 64-bit

Please use 32-bit version of JDK.

More...