My husband John and Ijust spent most of the afternoon creating a new Wikipedia entry about Computer Science Pioneer Katherine Johnson (basedon my 23 December 2009 blog entry). My daughter Jessica also advised on the project. Even though we started out with all ofthe information in HTML, we ended up reworking the text and references to fit into Wikipedia'sformat and style. My initial Wikipedia discussion comment indicated that the blogentry came first, yet within seconds of publication, an automatic searchbot tagged the articleas a near-duplication of my original blog entry. I went left a second comment acknowledgingthe source.This is my first original Wikipedia entry. I started thinking about what I couldadd to Wikipedia after reading Clay Shirky's excellent 2008 book Here Comes Everybody earlier this year. Jessica is reading my copy of Shirky's book now and adding her margin comments to mine.I am curious to see what kind of comments are made on the Katherine JohnsonWikipedia entry and whether any valuable information is added.

More...