One of the bugbears I have had over the years has been inefficient ways of doing things and the latest change to our expense system at Sun is no different. We have had a mass rollout of new software which has replaced the creakingly old system that was built in house in the last century. And while this new system has many flaws in other functionality it is actually better when it comes to submitting expenses, in that you can attach files to an expense report. Which I have used a couple of times to attach receipts but I've then had to prod the outsourced expense company to get them paid. Today I have been told to stop submitting receipts electronically and revert to mailing them the old fashioned way in the post so they know when there is a report to acion. So the functionality to remove paperwork exists but they don't want you to use it.......

Part of me would like to think that these are the sorts of things Oracle will fix. Lets wait and see.

More...