This question has come up a couple of times so I thought I will write a quick blog about it. In Sun Identity Manager (IdM), the password policy can be setup with character type rules that apply to the policy. What is the list of Special Characters in the password policy?

The list of Special Characters that is used by IdM password policy is in the UserUIConfig object. You can look at this using /idm/debug page and find this list in Configuration->UserUIConfig object. There is a tag called in this UserUIConfig Configuration object where these characters are defined.

More...