Oracle Open World comes around every fall and while Sun has been a sponsor in the past, for the first time, at least in my recent memory, we will have sessions for Sun software, specifically around Java, and more specifically for my interests around Java EE. And not only are we at Open World but we are at the smaller Oracle Develop event being run at the same time.

At Open World, the Java EE specific sessions are:

  • S312765 - Java Platform, Enterprise Edition: The Foundation and Future of Your Enterprise - Tom Kincaid - Monday 4pm-5pm Marriott Salon 4
  • S312767 - Easy Database Access from Java with Java Persistence API 2.0 - Linda DeMichiel - Wednesday 10:15am-11:15am Marriott Nob Hill AB
And at Oracle Develop they are:

  • S312810 - Java Persistence API 2.0: The Latest News - Linda DeMichiel - Sunday 10:30am-11:30am Hilton Golden Gate 8
  • S312811 - Developing RESTful Web Services with the Java API for RESTful Web Services - Marc Hadley - Sunday 11:45am-12:45pm Hilton Golden Gate 8
  • S312812 - Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1 Technology Overview - Ken Saks - Sunday 1:15pm-2:15pm Hilton Golden Gate 8
  • S312807 - Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 and GlassFish Application Server V3 - Roberto and Jerome - Monday 4pm-5pm Hilton Golden Gate 8
  • S312808 - A Complete Tour of the JavaServer Faces 2.0 Platform - Jim Driscoll (and Andy Schwartz from Oracle) - Monday 5:30pm-6:30pm Hilton Golden Gate 8
We will also have a Java EE pod at both Open World and Develop. If you are attending either or both events, stop by and say hi and have a look at some of the great stuff that Java EE 6 is delivering in the areas of rightsizing, extensibility, and developer productivity.

More...