Here are a couple of items from ISV Engineering at Sun to mention ahead of the Oracle OpenWorld Conference next week:

  • We completed the port and release of Fusion Middleware 11g on Solaris/SPARC. Here is the download page - Solaris is the middle column
  • Fusion middleware is also certified on Solaris Containers and LDoms
  • We've added RDS v1 protocol as privateinterconnect for Solaris SPARC to the Oracle RAC Technologies Matrix "RDSv1 is supported on Solaris SPARC and x86-64 with Oracle version 10.2.0.4 and Solaris 10 update 5/09 or higher"
  • Over on BigAdmin, Eric Reid has the feature article, "Joomla! Deployment Guide for Sun Storage 7000 Unified Storage Systems". From the article: "This document provides guidance for readers looking to install and configure the open source Joomla!content management system (CMS) with the Sun Storage 7000 Unified Storage System product family. The Joomla! CMSis designed for building web sites and powerful online applications."
  • Sun has passed the SAP Adaptive Computing Compliance Test for use with both SPARC & x64 based systems, the Sun Storage 7000 Open Storage, and the Adaptive Computing Controller in SAP NetWeaver 7.1 including EHP1