Cool new video from Darryl just showed up on Sun's HPC site. In this video, Sun Studio expert, Darryl Gove, shows how you can use Sun Studio Performance Analyzer to improve performance of a parallel application. Darryl uses the Mandelbrot set application to highlight the features. This screencast is also one of the demos we will run at Oracle OpenWorld that I mentioned in my previous blog.
Take about 15 mins to view it. You will learn something about OpenMP, parallelization and even Mandelbrot sets.