Glenn Faden and I put together a presentation and elaborate demonstration system where we show off how the Solaris Security features can be used to really lock down an Oracle Database installation. It is entitled "Protecting Applications with Built-In Solaris Security Features (Session S312612)." Slides will be posted after the event.

Glenn is presenting the talk at Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco on Monday October 12, 2009 14:30-15:30 in the Marriott Hotel adjacent to Moscone Center in Salon 6. We, as well as additional booth staff, are presenting the demonstration on a live, Niagara II-based server (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220) in the Sun demo booth #1101, Moscone South Hall. Join us there!

More...