A reader think it makes no sense to use the STEC SSD, and we should switch to the Intel X25E drives. That sounds reasonable at first as the X25E is much cheaper as the STECs. But as usual the devil is in the detail. So why do many people still use some of the more expensive STECs? Do they have too much money? Are they morons? I will tell you a dirty little secret. No, not at all. When you take it really seriously the X25E aren't enterprise ready. At least in their default setting.
Continue reading "Somewhat stable Solid State "

More...