If you watch today's mobile app companies, you will see a definite trend forming. You don't don't just pick one mobile platform to address. That wouldn't cover enough devices to make your app have enough impact. For Enterprise mobile apps (like what my-Channels does with their Nirvana mobile app), you want to cover at least 3 of the major smartphone platforms: iPhone, BlackBerry, and Java ME technology.
See:
Enterprise Mobile Triple Play
Here's a quote: Nirvana automatically handles lack of service and provides a feature rich API that enables mobile application developers to make the most of real time data streams. Nirvana supports leading mobile technology including Apple iPhone, Blackberry and J2ME devices. That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh. I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh.

Hinkmond

More...