AMD has introduced a new server platform, along with the AMD platform specification code-named "Kroner," with a unified processor and chipset technology that furthers AMD's commitment to energy efficiency.
"Our focus is to deliver on the aspects of a server platform that directly impact the IT manager -- improved performance on key workloads and virtualization, and low overall power consumption," said Patrick Patla, vice president and general manager, Server and Embedded Business, AMD. "This new platform and the platform specification codenamed 'Kroner' allow our OEM customers to deliver unique solutions to solve a particular datacenter problem. And they can recognize development and time to market value because of the consistency and commonality across our product generations." Full Story

More...