Student Views and Reviews recently spoke with Mambo Banda, a 22-year-old software engineering student in his final year at Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont. Mambo began using JavaFX in September 2008, learning the language in his spare time. He noted that the primary source of information he used in learning JavaFX was the API documentation which he said ?is great, it has lots of examples and detailed information.? Mambo said that to this day he still relies on a lot of online blogs to learn JavaFX, such as Jim Weaver's blog, which he noted can have ?great JavaFX samples and tips.?

Mambo Banda
[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyNTA3MDg4MDQ5NTEmcHQ9MTI1MDcwOTgyNTk*OS ZwPTQ1MDk3MiZkPSZnPTImbz*3YmY1YWNmOTAxYjY*ZmRkYjBm M2I5Nzc5YmYzNDQyOSZvZj*w.gif[/IMG]
When discussing the new JavaFX 1.2 release, Mambo said he thinks the most helpful new feature is the the improved performance. Mambo noted that: ?I tend to get carried away with the nodes and animations and before 1.2 I ran into a lot of performance issues mostly with speed and response. JavaFX 1.2 fixed a lot of those issues, the speed improvement is great.?

In response to a question asking what he liked most about JavaFX Mambo stated: ?I like the whole idea, the whole platform for creating visual applications.? Mambo said he likes the fact that with JavaFX ?you can be creative and productive from the moment you pick it up.? Mambo also pointed out that one of the reasons he was drawn to JavaFX was its ability to access Java easily which ?allows you to use traditional programming methods without sacrificing anything. Java is a rich language with a lot of years invested in it and you get all that for free in JavaFX.?

While discussing how JavaFX has changed the way developers create RIAs Mambo pointed out that not only is Java ubiquitous, but that fact combined with a platform for visual applications gives JavaFX a leg up on its competition. He noted: ?I think programmers who wouldn't normally think of making a RIA would be attracted to JavaFX because of its Java roots.? He also observed that Java has a ?huge arsenal of tools, libraries and code? that can be used in JavaFX and said, ?it gives developers a new way to approach RIAs.?

To read more of Mambo's interview click here.

More...