I awoke this morning to an errie orange red glow and the air was thick with dust that made your mouth dry. Sydney has been engulfed by a massive dust storm after strong winds brought large amounts of dust from inland NSW and the desert area of South Australia and dumped it on the city. I have never seen anything like it. However I guess this is what to expect if you live in the driest continent in the world. It was very strange driving the Sydney Sun office at Gordon with the head-lights on and limited visibility. People with asthma and other breathing problems have been advised to stay indoors.

Below are some photos:

The view from my back balcony this morning Sept. 23 2009

Sun Microsystems Gordon Office this morning Sept. 23 2009

Sydney Harbor Bridge (source: smh.com.au)

Sydney Opera House (Source: smh.com.au)

[IMG]imap://kp97203-AT-mail-apac.sun-DOT-com:143/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E108631?part=1.3&type=image/jpeg&filename=Stoorm_2.JPG[/IMG]

More...